Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Transformation

I'm finally back!  I've been letting other things intervene.  Enough.
The tragedy in Boston is on my mind (as on yours as well, I'm sure). 
My granddaughter, Eva Englert, who now lives in Boston expressed her feelings about it
so well I want to share it:
   May the depth of our compassion in the midst of horror and tragedy--
   the compassion we have witnessed and experienced today in Boston--
   become a part of our daily lives.  May it be not only with those in Boston
   who suffer this moment, but with those who suffer in Israel, in Palestine,
   in Somalia, in South Sudan, Iraq and Afghanistan, and across our
   country and around the world.  May it reach so deep and cling so hard
   that it transforms us.  Let us not forget that the tomb is still empty.  The
   promise of renewal and Shalom is still there. 

Thanks, Eva. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment