Monday, January 28, 2013

Who am I?

I am actually several people -- all struggling to be the defining one.  I am a United Methodist minister, now retired.  Don't yawn and move on:  stay while.  I finished rearing my two daughters while learning to be a pastor and things got pretty interesting.  I have written a memoir about that which I hope you will read in the very near future.  But more about that later. 
I have many interests, love rock music, classical music as well as some of any kind of music you could mention.  I startled a mechanic at the dealership were I have my car serviced when he noticed a Led Zeppelen CD in the front seat of my car and came running into the waiting room shouting "here is a woman who loves Led Zeppelen!"  There I sat with my white hair and enjoyed the moment.
I love my new Kindle Fire, reading on different subjects and going out with friends.  And I loooove my four grandchildren (and, of course, also their parents).
I live together with my sister (a veritable fount of cynical observations) in the house that we grew up in.  Our home was built in 1931 and seems to have a personality of its own. 
Okay, that is rather who I am.  I will elaborate on the other people struggling within later.  Come back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment